Friday, January 29, 2010

Sherlock Holmes Directed by: Guy Ritchie

After finally catching serial killer and occult "sorcerer" Lord Blackwood, legendary sleuth Sherlock Holmes and his assistant Dr. Watson can close yet another successful case. But when Blackwood mysteriously returns from the grave and resumes his killing spree, Holmes must take up the hunt once again. Contending with his partner's new fiancée and the dimwitted head of Scotland Yard, the dauntless detective must unravel the clues that will lead him into a twisted web of murder, deceit, and black magic - and the deadly embrace of temptress Irene Adler.
Credit to the synopsis goes to IMDB.com I rate this movie a PG13, mostly for violence.

I absolutely adore this movie! The relationship between Dr. Watson and Holmes is quite a fantastic one, Downy Jr. and Law played the characters beautifully! As I am an adorer of the late 1800's I found the costume wear stunning! The dresses McAdams wore were some of the most beautiful I've seen recreated. I love the way the movie slowed down, and you got to hear Sherlock think of the attacks to use before using them, it was quite an amazing touch. This movie has given me a whole new look at Jude Law, that I am happy to have. The action kept me hooked until the end and the acting was phenomenally done. I cannot wait to buy this movie on DVD, and I recommend anyone, and everyone to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment