Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Red Leather Diary By: Lily Koppel


The Red Leather Diary is about two people. The first person you meet in this tale is Lily Koppel. Lily is currently working for the New York Times and struggling to get by, when she stumbles by an amazing discovery: A red, leather, diary. The stories outline changes going through the life of another. Florence Wolfson. Florence has just now turned 14 and she has received a diary from a friend of the family. Once a day, until Florence turns 19, she writes a sentence or two about what is currently going on in her life. Florence struggles with trying to find out what she really wants, who she really wants, and what she will really get. Once the tale that the diary tells is complete, we're sent back to Lily's point of view as she searches for the now ninety-something year old Florence today. She succeeds and we're whisked off once more to hear short tales of Florence after the diary had come to a close. I'm rating this non-fiction tale a PG-16, for some sexual topics.
I found out about this book from a readers digest, and I'm grateful that I did, for I enjoyed this book very much. I have to admit, it took me a little bit to get into it at first, but with a little bit of trying I fell easily after hearing about Florence's story. I had to renew the book 3 times but I am very glad I did. Lily is a great writer and put this story together well. I have to be honest in saying that I have no one to suggest this too. But had I more friends, I would definitely suggest this book to a lover of the 1920's-1930's.

No comments:

Post a Comment